Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Katie is a working mother of two active boys and lives in South Orange County. She’s made it her passion to fill her children’s lives with fun adventures . She chronicles their adventures at OCMomActivities.com in hopes of inspiring other parents to do the same.
Friday, August 28, 2009
- Discovery Science Center - Family Membership Easy Pay Plan-For only $40 down and four monthly payments of $14.75, you can purchase a family membership and visit Discovery Science Center for free for an entire year- For additional info head here
- Sea World EZ Pay Option - EZ pay is a simple monthly payment program that makes Sea World membership affordable. Available for Silver and Platinum Passports, pay only the first month payment on your first visit. The silver plan is $8.25 a month. For additional info head here
- Legoland - Membership Plus- Monthly payments of $11.95 or $9.95 for children. Pay only the first monthly payment on your first visit. For additional info head here.
- Disneyland/Disney's California Adventure - purchase your pass at the Main Entrance Ticket Booth at the Resort. You pay for the 1 day ticket-$72.00 and pay as little as $5.42 a month for the rest of the year. For additional info head here.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Southland Performance Schedule LONG BEACH – Terrace Theatre ( : , , THOUSAND OAKS - Fred Kavli Theatre at Thousand Oaks Civic Auditorium (2100 E. Thousand Oaks, 91362) : 3:00PM, 6:00PM NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE (777 Ct. , 90015) : 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 6:00PM Sunday, September 27th: 12:00PM, 3:00PM Ticket Prices: $65.00 / $35.00 / $25.00 / $20.00 To order tickets by phone: Online: www.disneylive.com OR www.ticketmaster.com)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
- You can only have one FASTPASS ticket to one attraction at a time. This means you can't head over to Splash Mountain and pick up a FASTPASS then walk over to Big Tunder Railroad and pick up another while you wait. You can grab another FASTPASS as soon as your return time comes up.
- Your FASTPASS tickets don't expire. I met my sisters at the park a little late last week only to find them complaining about their FASTPASS tickets expiring. There is no such thing. Your recommended time is printed on your ticket but you are always welcome to come after that time on the day of your visit.
Here is the list of attractions at both parks that utilize the FASTPASS system.Disneyland Autopia Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Indiana Jones Haunted Mansion(holidays) Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Splash Mountain Space Mountain Disney's California Adventure California Screamin Grizzly River Run Mulholland Madness Soarin Over California The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Have a terrific rest of the day and use a FASTPASS next time you are heading over to the parks!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Robotic Taco Bell this weekend. The event is open to the public and free with paid admission to the Science Center.Public games will take place on Saturday & that can communicate with each other will play humans in a giant game of chess at & 16, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
As part of the summer exhibition “Robots & Us,” now in its final weeks at Taco Bell Discovery Science Center, an amazing display of cutting-edge robot technology will take place this weekend. Robotic chess pieces will play human chess pieces on a 16’x16’ chess board at the Science Center.
Games with members of the public versus the robotic chess players will take place throughout the weekend.
Where: Taco Bell Discovery Science Center, http://www.discoverycube.org
Thursday, August 13, 2009
The Autry's annual Sizzling Summer Nights outdoor dance party returns to Griffith Park with the scintillating sounds of live mambo, son, Latin jazz, and Afro-Cuban beats. Admission is $7 on Thursday nights.
If you are looking for something to do with your family - give the Autry a try. Your family will love it! I promise!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The OC Walk to Remember is a nonprofit organization that supports parents who have lost a baby in pregnancy or infancy. The mission of the OC Walk to Remember is to raise money for local organizations that support parents who have experienced miscarriage, pregnancy loss, or infant loss of any kind, as well as be a resource center for parents, doctors, nurses, hospitals, support groups, and anyone in need of support or information.
Nearly two million babies die each year due to miscarriage, photo printers and cameras were donated to hospitals, so parents have photos of their child; we've sent nurses to training seminars for specialty training on how to care for parents who have had a baby or babies die in the hospital; we've donated thousands of dollars so filled with photos, blankets, footprints and other momentos of their child can be sent home with parents who have given birth to a baby who has died., stillbirth, SIDS and other types of pregnancy and infant loss, so the need for support is tremendous. Money donated to the organization supports nine local hospitals and four support groups in their efforts to help parents who have experienced the devastating loss of their baby or babies. Just a few examples of how the money raised has been used:
University of California, Irvine. Registration begins at 8 a.m., and the memorial service begins at 9:15 a.m. The name of every baby being remembered will be read. Pregnancy and infant loss merchandise will be available for purchase and a picnic in the park will conclude the event. Please come join us as we walk for the steps our babies never got to take. To register, to donate, or for more information about the OC Walk to Remember: www.ocwalktoremember.org;, a memorial service and walk will take place at the
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
LocationJAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM 369 East First Street Los Angeles, California 90012 phone: 213.625.0414 Event begins at 11am and yes it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!